A Strange Phenomenon


Here I am in paradise, on the beautiful island of Kauai to be precise. The trade winds. The beaches. The birds & flowers. All the sights, sounds and smells to enjoy. And yet, where do I find myself for hours every day? In front of my computer!

I am attempting to get to the beach on a daily basis. I have the sunburn to prove it. I am also helping my parents with some home repairs. Yet, I end up on the computer.

Another relative visiting from New Zealand came in on Tuesday. And what was in her suitcase? Her laptop!

My parents each have their own computer. My dad sits at his all day every day, creating websites, researching Hawaiiana & his geneology. Mom googles some things and emails quite a few friends and family often.

Seems like this new lifestyle is becoming worldwide and a permanent part of each of our lives. Even when we're on vacation.

I guess it's not worth it to try to escape. Computers are here to stay, get used to it.

BTW, did I mention - I LOVE MY LAPTOP!!

1 cats hacked up hairballs:

Rick Williams March 13, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

buncha dang computer geeks everywhere you turn these days!

I love that pic you put together for this post too.

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.