Moving Forward


Things are moving forward with our wedding plans. Most importantly, we picked a date - June 6.

That's right, 6/6. I don't go out of my way to choose that number but I'm also not superstitious. My Granny's "number" was 13, because that was her birth year. And my cell phone number that I've had for 10+ years ends with 6666. The phone company gave me a list of numbers to choose from and this was the easiest one to remember. While I worked at LaCroix whenever the number 666 came up Bernie would joke with me about it.

We were thinking of choosing the last Saturday in May, but that turned out to be Memorial Day weekend. We wouldn't want to ruin anyone's plans for that weekend. The weekend before would work but May 23 just didn't have the right ring. So we jumped forward and discovered June 6 - 6/6. Perfect!

I've been frantically gathering, researching and working on it. Rick thinks I have "wedding fever". It's actually just that there is so much work, it's such a big project that I don't have time to dilly-dally. The more I get done asap the easier it will be when the time has arrived and the final setup takes place. And I'll be able to sleep in the meantime.

Here's a sidenote. Rick was in the process of renewing his one magazine subscription ("Ironworks", a motorcycle magazine) and opted to change the address simultaneously to my current address - or rather our future address.

Well, this much blog will have to suffice, I have to hit the thrift store early to take advantage of the 99 cent special they have on Mondays! Then it's off to the fabric store, the nursery . . .

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.