Latest Junk

Well, I keep waiting for something blog worthy to happen and it aint. Little this, little that but nothing WOW!!!

So here's the lowdown:

Last weekend we had our first annual Williams family BBQ for Rick's family, done so I can attend a family event since all the other are planned around holidays. Nearly everyone showed up and had a good time. The younguns played ping pong, the weather was perfect, there was plenty food and Rick tried to blow himself up lighting a campfire that no one was interested in. Too much gas and arms not long enough to light it safely with a lighter, shoulda used a match. That's OK though, he just singed his arm hair, eyelashes and the front of his hair, no real harm done (dummy!)

This coming weekend Dane and Keith's cousins, Audrey and Casey, Casey's wife, Angie and their 2 kids are coming for a visit. So we get to have another BBQ. The weather doesn't promise to be great, but it looks like it should be OK. I'll have Denny light the fire!

The house across the street from Denny is kinda like 2 houses and has been vacant for months. It finally went to auction, sold and will be rented out. Kevin is renting the small side, it's perfect for him and he seems really pumped about being up here with alla us in ahis own place, just big enough for him and his boys. They have a nice, big, fully fenced back yard and a garage and other storage. He's working on the house preparing it for renting, earning his deposit I'd guess. Joe starts kindergarten in September and will get to go to this school in our neighborhood. Kevin wanted him to go to this school. The boys seem to be real happy and Kevin is doing real well, working and settling into his own single dad life.

The other side of the house is perfect for my brother's family that are moving from Utah. I hope they get it. Markie and Bekah will be able go to school with Joe. Celeste will be close by and able to babysit. We're taking over the neighborhood!

In a couple weekends we'll all be going to Ocean Shores for the kite festival. Turns out, though, that my special Assembly Day is that Saturday. So I'll be taking off at like 7 AM for a 2 hour drive to Puyallup. then 2 hours back afterward. But I can have fun Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday. Rick may ride his Harley. His daughter, Sarah, and prolly a friend will be joining us.

In preparation for the pending BBQs I spent a lot of time last week getting the yard all spruced up. Pots all planted, weeding done, a good edging and mowing (which must continue), the place looks great. I've been using Scott's turf builder with moss control and it's thickening the grass and killing the moss. I might be on to something!

That's about all for now, in a nutshell.

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.