Poked and Prodded

So last week Rick had his physical and this week was my turn. After nearly 4 1/2 years of being uninsured I can finally get some questions answered and maybe some problems solved (temporarily, at least).

She did all the usual and then told me I didn't have to have a pap smear done but that she'd do one if I wanted one. Yeah, right...

I wrote about an event I had on the airplane on my way to Kauai in Sept 2011. Well, I got to finally talk to a doctor about it. She had an EKG done (which looked fine) and gave me paperwork and referrals to the Heart Center in Covington. I'm to do a stress test and have an echo cardiogram and chest x-ray done. She seems to feel that the chest pains I was feeling before that event were probably esophageal spasms (sounds possible to me). But that doesn't explain the episode. When she listened to my heart I asked if she heard the murmur that they did an echo cardiogram for 11 years ago before my hysterectomy. She said no, this time she heard a click, which could be a mitral valve prolapse. But that, again, doesn't explain the episode. Hopefully the tests I'm having done will tell us something.

I got a prescription for my depression (which this week is not a problem, yay!), we'll see if it works. Got my asthma prescriptions renewed. And got referrals for a mammogram and colonoscopy. Yippee!

Guys have it easy.  No whining allowed...

1 cats hacked up hairballs:

Rick Williams February 22, 2013 at 4:48 AM  

A guy's mentality is that we shouldn't have to go to a doctor unless we have to have something sewn back on.

That is assuming we have already exhausted the possibility of using duct tape or some other local method...

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.