Another Big Job Done!

This time it was the school library inventory!  I mentioned it in a previous blog but now it's done and it's a relief!  Actually, we all enjoyed it a lot.  The four workers - Danette, a 40ish mother of 3, Kelly, a 53 year old grandma and wife of a disabled husband (so she works 3 jobs), Anita, a 60-something grandma and author of devotional books and myself - all were the right kind of person for this job.  We're all self-motivated and detail-minded.  We all got a lot of satisfaction from doing a good job and seeing the final result.  The libraries ranged from just short of 13,000 to 26,000 items and we accounted for at least 98.5% of those items every time.  Each school was completed in 2 days.  We started in early February, took one week off for mid-winter break and just this week did our final school, the one right here in my neighborhood, Lake View.  

So on Tuesday I was able to see one of my grandsons, Hunter, as his preschool class had their library time...

We managed to wear out our little scanners, they're not used to the intense and constant use and most needed some repair by the time we were done.  And our bodies are sure relieved to be done - they'll be needing some repair as well! (all the shelves sit on the floor so at least 1/3 of the time we were down on our behinds or at least bent over...)

So I got another little chunk of extra money.  This time to pay for my trip to Kauai, get my mom's sweet 16 ring repaired and, I think, maybe a new laptop!  

2 cats hacked up hairballs:

Maggie April 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM  

Sounds like a really fun job.

Kathy April 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM  

Good job!

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.