Rennaisance Wedding Invitations


Well, it's been a couple weeks now since everyone received their invitations and it seems - They're a hit! (click on the picture to enlarge, as usual)

For any who want to know, I'll share here how I made them. I got the instructions on the internet (duh) but, of course, needed to do some tweaking. Overall, it's a very simple process, but containing many steps. Here they are:


1 - Print the invitations with a laser printer (laser ink won't run, inkjet will)

2 - Cut them into individual documents, I made 2 per page

3 - Crumple them thoroughly

4 - Tear the edges

5 - Lay flat in a shallow bake pan

6 - Pour in coffee just to cover completely, I wet one side & flipped to assure complete coverage

7 - Sprinkle on some instant coffee granules

8 - After soaking and the instant granules have "blossomed" pour off coffee and blot with a paper towel. If you've used a very small amount of coffee you can blot off all excess and the instant coffee spots will remain behind better.

9 - Dry in a low temp oven - 150 - 200º

10 - Iron flat if desired


There, not difficult, just tedious. But, after getting everyone's reaction, it sounds like it was well worth the work. . . . . . . . . I just hope the rest of the wedding goes over as well.

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.