Time Moves On

Well, it seems that I've neglected to get a blog written again for a number of weeks. Again, it's not a matter of nothing happening, just not a lot noteworthy.

Preparation for the wedding is moving ahead. The weather has been unseasonably cold and dreary. April 1 we actually had another snow! Denny tells me he heard that Seattle had 18 measurable snowfalls this season. Our average must be something more like 4. Other than the big, long snowfall and deep freeze that took place in late December and early January the snowfalls weren't enough to even create hazardous driving. But to wake up to a white yard again and again is something that just doesn't happen here. I've enjoyed it for a number of reasons but in the long run I think it's taken its toll on my energy or productivity level - I find myself wanting to do nothing more than sit on my computer and play games. I have plenty of work to do for the wedding but need a little diversity.

Well, this weekend we finally got it. Yesterday it was beautiful and warm and sunny. Sunday was actually in the 70's. Today is supposed to be warmer I think and Tuesday is also supposed to be nice. Cool! I've been outside catching up on springtime yardwork and still have 2 days to go. After spending time outside working myself sore I should be ready to go back to work doing things like sewing and baking. Most of the projects I have yet to do are wanna do's, not gotta do's. I do still have to make my dress and bake the cake, those are still gotta do's. But the rest are things to make the event more fun. So I still should do them.

Let's see, last week I finally got my cable installed. I started attempting to get it done way back in January - before we knew exactly when the digital switchover would actually happen. One delay after another with intermittent phone calls to check status - kept happening and April 1 it was finally powered up. But since I am the way I am I wouldn't allow them to install it into the house. It was already wired throughout for TV signal to each room and couldn't see paying $13 per room to have them do it from another starting point and stringing new cables everywhere. So I had them only install it to the outside of the house. From there I split a wire that went right by their connection. The wire went to my room and up into the attic where the other splitter is that sends the signal throughout the house. It works perfectly now! Kids - mark your calendar - Mom finally got cable!

I have a new daily routine. Every night for about an hour around 9 I hop into my hot tub for about an hour. It seems to be very therapeutic. I watch a TV show, hot tubbing is not a solo activity. But my kitty cat does usually join me on the edge of the tub. One night she was so curious I was sure she'd fall in, but she didn't. I have a large off-center umbrella to open in case of rain and one night this week it was pretty much pouring the whole time. After soaking I'm finally warm and my back doesn't hurt when I'm trying to sleep. Aahh!

A couple weekends ago we had a pretty nice day so Rick came up and started working on his project in my shop - replacing the rickety shelves put up 18 years ago with shelves that'll last forever. That same day Rach brought Hunter up and we went through her household that's being stored in the other side of the shop. It was a very pleasant, productive day. Then this Saturday we had another beautiful day (finally) so Rick came up and welded the shelf brackets and cut the shlef boards. Keith stayed home to start work on his assigned chore here, restaining the playground in the backyard. When both he and Rick were done Rick dragged his welding equipment back out and let Keith try it out. Another pleasantly productive day.

Apparently Denny has been playing with spray paint cans and fire for years. He throws the can into the fire, then shoots it with a BB gun. It simply makes a small hole that the pressurized paint then squirts out and catches fire, putting on a pretty show. Well, this weekend his father-in-law showed up with a boxful of paint cans for him to play with. But at least one was too full (normally they're almost empty). This one apparently just exploded before Denny got a chance to puncture it. The black paint was splattered everywhere and some fire flew with it. Denny's dog-in-law, Conner, had some fire on his rump and Denny was chasing him around, trying to put it out. But he wasn't noticing that his arm was also on fire. He's got a nice coat of black paint splatter and the arm is nicely toasted, although, apparently, not bad enough to be seen by a doctor. He slept fine that night but the following night it started to turn nasty colors. I went over there Sunday morning to see how he was and to CHEW HIM OUT!!! The whole time I was reminding him of his responsibilities and putting others in danger Heather was sitting there pointing her finger at him and saying "See?". It was cute, I guess she had her words with him and they pretty much mimicked what I was telling him. But for Denny hearing it from Mom may have more punch.

We still have 2 more days of sun so I'll be getting on with my day, draining the hot tub and changing the water, spraying weed killer, feeding plants in the garden, etc, etc. Gotta enjoy it while it's here, eh?

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.