Catch-up Blog #2

Next on the agenda of blogging to catch up on:

Elise's 1 Year Photo Shoot

Shirley had a goal to get photos of Elise for her first year, every 3 months and with the current season as the theme.  It was a cute idea and we pulled it off well, her ideas, our creations and my photography.  A couple other things were thrown in just because they were cute and sounded like fun.

So on the left is her 3 month shoot, shot in the fall of 2011, autumn leaves (from my recently uprooted stump [see previous post] when it was still a beautiful tree!).


Next, on the right, is her 6 months shot in the winter, with a snowflake theme.


At 9 months it was spring so Shirley wanted an Anne Geddes look, baby girl in a flower pot.  We also wanted to hit the tulip fields and use a costume Shirley had made with Elise wearing a tulip tutu, that was a FUN day!


Finally now she's one year old.  I wanted to get her in the dress that my mom took a photo of me in at a year, then I got Rachyl in it at a year.  It's time for the next generation to get their picture in the same dress.

But Shirley's plan was for a mermaid as she saw on Pinterest months ago...

I crocheted the costume quite a while back and was relieved that she still fit in it.  We knew it had to be shot in the water somewhere but we had no idea exactly where that would be.  Shirley had some ideas but the particular spot had an ugly shore.  I made another suggestion - bingo!  Shallow water and a lovely background!

Fortunately Elise loves the water so it didn't make her cry to get wet.  She's turned into the perfect model to photograph!

Shirley also got a dress for Elise to model when she was big enough to wear it so we also took those shots at the river park.

Shirley told me what she wanted for the next shoot - wait!  I thought it was for the first year?!?!    We're gonna do this for another year?!?!

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.