Catch-up Blog #3

Let's see, what's next? Ah... 

Family Day

I had a different kind of party planned this year.  I've seen twinkle lights set up in the yard as a ceiling over a nicely set table and decided that that's what I wanted to do this year.  That and I wanted to have a better meal and some nice gifts for everyone.  

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, eh?

The decorations looked great.  And the weather was unusually cooperative for a holiday weekend in the Seattle area!  Then I had help making up a 4 course Italian meal (American style Italian, that is...) which included Zuppa Toscana made by Shirley, then Caesar salad provided by Rachyl, I made manicotti, both a spinach and sausage type.  And lastly Dane and Chelsea brought 2 flavors of tiramisu.  Dale and Denny and Heather added the breadsticks and garlic bread that helped top off the meal.  We were all stuffed and had lots of left overs!  Oh yes, and wine, some nice Zinfandel wine from a box but served in decanters!

But the gifts didn't happen.  Understandable considering that my household was currently totally unemployed.  Kevin's and Rachyl's households did get me gifts, bless their little hearts!  But I was unable to reciprocate.


We managed to cram in a quick photo session that turned out well.  We used the picture frame idea and nearly every family did it differently:

We had a mysterious photobomber sneak in and out without anyone's noticing...


So, not 100% what I wanted from a party but very nice nonetheless.

1 cats hacked up hairballs:

Shirley September 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM  

Personally I feel it was one of the best!

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.