Round up the Herd!!


OK, here I go off the beaten path once again.

A year or two ago I was shopping in a store called "Stupid Prices" for whatever. I ran into this cute Little Tikes flashlight in the shape of a zebra. It has a good handle and an easy to use squeeze type switch made for - well - little tikes. I think Joe (my oldest grandson) was about 1 at the time, maybe even younger and I knew he would eventually like it. It has been a favorite of both Joe and his little brother Shayne.

On one occasion my son-in-law, Tony, was working on my electricity in a far end of the living room. It was dark but he could see good enough. Well, Joe could see that he was in need of an assistant to hold a flashlight for him. So he went and got his trusty zebra flashlight. Unfortunately it doesn't stay on for long so he had to keep squeezing the switch to make it work. The best part was something I neglected to mention thus far: it also makes a noise. What noise does a zebra make? I didn't know either but I have now become educated. Watch the video for a demonstration. So each time Joe made the light come on Tony got this cute little zebra tune in his ear.

Well, that flashlight has also become a favorite of parents and guests as well. Rick has grown very fond of it. Being a Little Tikes toy, there are many variations of the same toy. There is a dog model, a hippo, a cow, a triceratops, an elephant, a pig, a leopard, a tiger and an alligator. So each time we go into a thrift store the first place Rick hits is the toy section looking to add to the "herd". He found one a while back but the battery compartment was corroded. Then he found the little dino one. It looks and works like new. The little boys love it.

This past weekend he hit paydirt. I was looking for some cool shorts and spotted him headed towards me with the biggest grin on his face and 3 new buddies in his arms. He found the dog, the cow and the elephant! All are, again, in very good shape and he spent a total of $4 on all 3 of them.

So here's the gang, the "herd" as it were.

I don't think Rick intends to grow up any time soon.

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.