On Vacation

OK we've been on the road for a couple days now and I haven't shared any of it with you. Sorry, been busy! Actually, it's more a matter of exhaustion from all this driving and FUN!

Our trip started about 6:30 Saturday AM. We hit the road and enjoyed listening to tunes on the DVD player that Rick picked up for this trip. It plays just about everything. So we loaded up some CDs and DVDs with our favorite stuff and spent all day driving in the light on and off rain and enjoying just talking and listening to tunes.

We all know what eastern Washington looks like. Oregon was a little more interesting but Idaho was just plain boring. It was dark by the time we hit Utah.

We made it to my brother Mark's house in Lehi, near Provo. He has a nice split level house, a son, Marky 6 and daughter, Rebecca 9 of his own and a stepson, Nathan 15 and stepdaughter, Celeste 13. It was humorous, when we all got inside and sat on the couch he just exploded in conversation. Apparently he's been wanting to know a lot of stuff and share even more for quite a while. At our Grandma's funeral a couple years ago I could see that. His wife, Rachel, got home from work shortly after 11 and joined the conversation. We ended up in the kitchen eating home made appplesauce seasoned like pie filling - yummy, with ice cream. They have 2 cute dogs, a white terrypoo named Holly and a Golden or yellow lab named Sandy.

They had an interesting story about Sandy. Apparently some released convict had chosen their house to break into one night and the dog knew something was going on so she woke up Rachel. She and the dog stepped outside, saw the guy sitting in their vehicle and called the cops. They came out and got the guy. He was going to break into their daughter's room with a rock and rob them, who knows how that may have turned out.

The next morning we got up and for breakfast Mark made some biscuits and they brought out the applesauce again and - yep - the ice cream too, or cool whip. That was breakfast! Funny!

I shared some pictures with them and we hit the road. First things first though. Coffee - they're Mormon so they didn't have any. Then a trip to Cabela's to look for a coat for Rick. Didn't buy one.

So now we hit the road again. More rain, more tunes, more fun. We turned off the highway at one point to explore and had a great time driving down this dirt road, maybe 5 miles. We found lots of stuff to take pictures of. Plants, hills, high power lines, (?) barbed wire and broken glass (??). Then I videoed our exit, Rick ran it up to 60 MPH on that dirt road! We got out a whole lot faster than we went in.

We got into Moab not long before sundown so we found a room and headed out to find dinner. We ended up at the Moab Brewery. Good stuff again.

So far so good, 2 days and no disasters or arguing. Let's see what the rest of the trip holds.

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.