OK, I'll write a blog already!

Well, we have had a couple interesting events take place over the past couple weeks but - again - nothing wow except for last weekend.  So let me recap the last couple weeks, then I'll move on to our weekend at Ocean Shores and then - the big Kiting Accident...

We had the boys' cousins from Fresno visit back in the 3rd week of May.  The day started out cool and rainy but eventually the rain stopped so we proceeded with our BBQ plans out by our firepit.  It was, of course, awkward at first, lots of lulls in the conversation but then we moved outside and it went better.  The kids played with my grandsons and my kids were all typically bratty.  At one point my chair legs kept sinking in the dirt so Tony came around and lay on top of my chair (with me in it) to shove it down further.  Dane had a graduation party to go to so took Audrey, the cousin closest to his age.  Then the next day, Sunday, he took her with him swing dancing.  She seemed to enjoy it, in spite of the fact that she knew no one and is normally very shy.  We all went to Dane's meeting and then they had an early dinner at Applebee's with Dane's dad, their crazy uncle, as they call him.  Monday they boogied home.

Kevin painted and made repairs to the house across from Denny and moved in.  The boys and Kevin are all so excited to be in their own place and it's nice that they're right down the street.  They can drop in for little visits and the boys always grab an apple.  Shirley came back from Vegas last weekend and is returning this weekend to retrieve her things and come home for good.  So she'll be living down the street as well.  The boys are thrilled to have their mommy home.  She has already put a female touch on the place.

OK, let's see, Keith - same... Denny and Heather - same... Rach and Tony - same... OH!  Mark and his family are getting ready to head out here the last week of June and hopefully move into the house next to Kevin.  And Rach's house should close just about the same time.  So we'll all be here and in our own places!

Dane is back at work as a tile mason for the summer.  He's doing a kind of concrete stamping, or grinding, I forget what it's called terra-something or tetra-something.  They wanted someone with no experience.  It's a very specific craft known by few but very hard on the body.  So, while it would be cool for Dane to learn, he probably should finish this summer job and move on to something less hard on him, he's such a fragile boy....

The rain has been relentless all this time.  There has also been some hail, thunder, lightning and wind. We would have a part of a dry day about once a week, just enough to get our yards mowed if we hurried!  We are finally supposed to be getting a break from the rain for the next week.  Yay!

Next up - Ocean Shores!

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.