Hmmm - What could it Be?


Is it a middle-age crisis? I think I'm just a little too old for that. What is it? Could it be the empty nest syndrome? Maybe that's it. My youngest child just graduated, the next older one is looking hard for a new place to live. My full house is becoming emptier and emptier. And my family responsibilities are becoming fewer and fewer.

What could cause a 50-something to (temporarily) give up her religion and thus all her friends? To find a new love in her life? Then, finally, to Quit Her Job!!!??? Just what could it be? Maybe it's a touch of temporary insanity? Maybe it's permanent insanity? I hear it runs in the family!

Yes folks, you heard it right. I guess I can't stand lemonade (see previous blogpost). The job just got to me. So many at LaCroix Industries are frustrated to tears and threatening to look for work elsewhere. But I - little old me - I put my 2 week notice where my mouth is!

All that sugar Phil poured on me didn't sway me. Even the slight hint dropped by Bernie of a possible $4 raise (I wonder if he meant to slip that in - hmmm) didn't do the trick. I made my decision Monday when Phil chewed me out unnecessarily - now a daily part of the job - to be chewed out by someone. I made up my mind and I stuck to it!

I am getting high-fives from nearly everyone at work, it's amazing. Bernie complimented my job over the past 10 years and told me they wish nothing but the best for me. NOW I feel appreciated. Why couldn't they spread some of this good will while I was there being miserable? Being chewed out instead on a daily basis? Being told my work is garbage? Why did they have to wait for me to quit? Alas, it's all good.

What will I do now? Well, at the end of last year I made a decision to combine all my talents in the photo - software - DVD creating areas to try to make enough money to live on. I'll also buy cars from the nearby auction and resell them for a small profit. If need be I'll pick up a part time job maybe. But I'll take some time to work on my own projects and see if I get any interest. If nothing goes anywhere I'll find a new job maybe closer to home. With gas prices as they are I was spending $200 a month just to go to work. And that's a fairly close job in a smallish car.

Whatever happens, I'm going to enjoy my summer. Just the fact that I don't have to wake up earlier than I'm comfortable, drag my butt over to that office and get yelled at for working overtime at warp speed will be enjoyable in itself.

Truly - as Rick put in his blog - Suzie Stuns the Crowd!

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.