Living the Life of the Unemployed


OK, so now what do I do?

The first 2 days I was home were gray and cool. I had planned to spend lots of time outside right away, getting my yard squared away but I'm not too inclined to go out when it's so cool in July, it's supposed to be HOT!!

So instead I started looking into things I need to do on my computer. I have lots of projects I never completed, lots of old scanned photos and slides that needed editing. So I started with that. Very time consuming but good practice if that's to be part of what my future income will be based upon.


Today it finally warmed up so I did a little outside. I had to replace a punctured headlight for a long time, so I got that done today. It still needs a little tweaking but it's in and looks a lot better than the old one that had water in it and was all green because of it. I also chopped some bamboo that was a little thick and had dead stalks.


Doesn't sound like much, hmm. I'm sure I did more but for the life of me I can't think of what right now. Vacuuming, sweeping, dishes, other domestic chores, of course. I'm certainly enjoying not getting up at 5:30 or 6:30. My body just doesn't like that schedule. Tuesday and Wednesday I got up at 9 and today I got up at 8. I think I'm gonna aim to get up at 8 every day, that's a reasonable hour.


I have a list of things to get done, household things as well as stuff I plan to do to earn an income. This week I'm working on strictly household jobs and next week I'll incorporate some of the more immediate money-making ideas I have into my day. Specifically, I'm gonna go visit some funeral homes to see if I can leave my card for them to supply to people needing DVD's made for their services. I'll also put a listing or two on Craigslist for the same purpose. I may also look into getting another car to resell at the auction on Sunday. I'll have to check the list to see what's interesting and if anything will make me a few hundred bucks profit.


Tomorrow I'll mow, edge, finish up the bamboo and maybe weed some of the gravel, or at least spray weed killer on the weeds. I could also relist my Montero that I have to sell as well as my van. I'm actually doing pretty good at knocking things off my list, now that I looked back at it.


So, so far unemployment has been pretty productive. That's what I was hoping for.

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.