Hobnobbing With . . . . .


While out today with Mary we ran into a member from Survivor from a recent season - Shambo! If you watch Survivor you know Shambo. She had the big, ugly, curly mullet and was from this area. So it wasn't a complete surprise when I spotted her. I chose to leave her alone. Mary, on the other hand . . . .

Well, it turned out to be a very insightful conversation. So all you Survivor followers, listen up!

The very first thing she had to say was they "like to kill me!"  She went on to explain that she starved and it rained for 15 days of her stay.  They froze in the rain and she lost so much weight that now she looks great and she regained over 35 pounds!

She said she slept probably a mile from her camp because she couldn't stand her tribe of idiots.  She also said that Russell Hantz, one of this seasons "Villains" tribe is actually a very nice guy.  She said that he did not find those immunity idols on his own.  It was also her opinion that he doesn't understand the game and that he will never win because he stabs everyone in the back, therefore making them an enemy and they'll never vote for him.

One of my own observations is that the show appears to be slanted to make certain players look like jerks, or idiots, or flirts, etc.  Turns out I was right!  Shambo said that they were interviewed 3 or 4 times a day.  They are asked questions and their answers may actually be taken completely out of context to slant the viewers.  

Apparently the show is recorded months before it's aired.  I think what she said is that they had played the game, cast their votes and were back home for something like 12 weeks before it began to be aired! 

Overall she seemed very disgruntled about the show. When Mary asked if she watches Survivor now she said "no way!"  She also said she turned down offers to reappear, she wants nothing to do with it.

Well, it was cool thing to meet someone that everyone knows like that - almost kinda like meeting a real celebrity, eh?

0 cats hacked up hairballs:

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.