A Well-Rounded Weekend


I just went to read Rick's blog and saw that he also blogged this weekend so I stopped reading and started my own. somehow it's not as exciting to share when you just read someone else's recap of the same thing. So here's my version.

My friends that live around the corner, the Haydens, just moved back into their house after a kitchen fire moved them out back in October. So for the last couple weeks I've spent a lot of time over there helping put things away, pick up trash, use our pickup to help haul away Goodwill items, etc. As a thanks they wanted to take us out to dinner (it was also a means of getting to know Rick better!) So our weekend started on Friday night with a trip to the Outback Steakhouse. We had a nice dinner, Mary and Rick got steak and Kevin and I got "grillers", meat served on a rice mix. All in all a good dinner. Afterward they had us to their house to play on their Wii. We bowled 2 games, Kevin stomped everyone in game one and Mary and I tied for first place (202!) in game two. Cheesecake was forced upon us.  Rick said he enjoyed the evening. Oh yeah, we left around 9 to soak a while in the hot tub, mmmm.

Saturday was expected to be a nice day earlier in the week so we'd planned to break out the old Harley and go for a ride but it turned out to be not so nice after all. That and Kevin (my son this time) needed a babysitter so we stayed home and babysat. Rick took our newly acquired canoe apart and straightened some bent frame tubing and put it all back together, now it's nearly like new! I seem to be having a hard time doing anything when the boys are here so I just futzed around. I had one difficulty with Joe, it's his turn to be in a problem stage, but overall it was a nice visit. Again we enjoyed our hot tub and our woodstove as well. I actually got it cranked to about 80º in the house, unintentionally. We watched a movie (in our underwear) and had Taco Bell for dinner.

Sunday morning was glorious and the temp was expected to hit 70º so it was our chance to put on our leather and take the Hawg for a ride. So we got out early-ish and went to The Krain for breakfast. It was perfect. From there we just rode around and took a few pictures. We toodled through Buckley, Bonney Lake, Sumner and Puyallup. We had a scary event right after we hopped on the freeway for the short time we would be on it. No, we weren't in any danger, but Rick's camera was! He bungied it in it's very well padded bag on the back of the bike. We were flying along and suddenly someone was frantically honking at us. Rick has been riding long enough that that can only mean one of 2 things, either we lost something or were just about to. So he immediately looked in his rear view mirror and saw it tumbling into the median! We pulled off and he walked back and got it. Like I said it was in a "very well padded bag" and all is fine! Shock! It tumbled right over the water-filled spot in the median and landed in the dry grass.

Our last stop before heading home was to visit my friend Judy in Puyallup. I was hoping Rick could meet her hubby, Carlton, but he was working, bummer. I told Rick that as nice as Judy is Carlton may just be nicer (sorry Judy!). Can't decide, they're just a super couple. We decided that we have to go riding together, even make a weekend trip together. Sometime in June looks good. We were talking May but I have too many obligations already for May and the weather will be nicer the closer to summer we get.

To cap off the weekend as I was heading out for my meeting (it was the special talk) Sarah got here and she and her dad did some photography. He brought home some dry ice for her to play with and then I have this new bird feeder that attract lots of purple finches who seem pretty fearless, you can get as close as 4 feet from them! So Rick had fun with his daughter and at meeting I got told that my commenting restriction is gonna be lifted, Yay! No Amazing Race on TV last night, Country Music Awards instead so back into the hot tub again, mmmm!

There's our well-rounded weekend, family, friends, suspense, drama, action!

2 cats hacked up hairballs:

Melinda April 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

WOW! Tense times with the camera! All I can say is, get yosef a Honda Touring Bike!! I know...I know...it's an image thing...

Maggie April 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Boy !!! I'm sure glad someone let you know about the camera in time. It would be such a loss and how much does it cost? Do you have any kind of insurance to cover that? I know you guys got extra special cameras. Ma

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.