Whoops! - Picture of the Week

We had such an amazingly good day on Saturday at the Japanese Garden and then canoeing on the waterways in the Arboretum that I just plumb forgot about posting a pic o' the week!

The weather was perfect for the outing that we'd planned for a few weeks before it actually came to fruition. Sarah was a little under the weather but was good enough to go out for the day, she had been looking forward to it too and wasn't about to miss it for a little cold.

I ended up taking nearly 800 pics so I have quite a few I could choose from, but I think I'll post one of the critters that we so hoped to get good shots of. It was cool, when we got somewhere close to a group of birds, turtles or whatnot you could hear all this camera clicking going on as our canoe simply drifted.


I was concerned when we began to paddle toward these 2 that we were headed for some really shallow water but it turned out that they were taking advantage of a piece of flotsam (or maybe it was jetsam?), a square object of some sort.  They posed for us and as we approached one of them swam out to meet us.

Here's a link to our smugmug to view more of the awesome stuff we had a blast getting!

1 cats hacked up hairballs:

Anonymous April 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

I truly LOVE this photo - the texture, the subtleness of it all, it's very zen, especially so since it was taken from a drifting canoe! Again, if it's Ok with you, I'd like to print this off on fabric. Since it's your work and your copyright, I feel it's proper to ask each time.

Melinda

About Me

My photo
After 2 unsuccessful marriages I spent 12 years as a divorcee, only to fall prey to another man's wiles. We had a fun 5 years together and then he decided he wanted more freedom so once again I'm single.

So I'm freshly divorced at 57 and have 5 great kids and now 7 grandkids. My kids are still a major part of my life but I'm busy helping my aging parents on Kauai.

I've lived in California, Hawaii and Oklahoma before finally settling here in Washington. I love Washington and come back to visit family, friends and take care of my garden often but will be temporarily a resident of Kauai.

I've moved 30 times in my life (no, my parents weren't in the service, at least not since I was about 2) and finally planted roots when I got my little house that I've owned since '91.

My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, I've been one since '72.